Gold-secured loans are used by more than 500 million people around the world regularly
The estimated value of gold-secured loans is close to 110 billion dollars
It is stable business enough, 90% of loans are returned, and the remaining 10% are compensated for the sale of pledges for scrap
The annual turnover of buy-ups gold at pawn shops is about 36 billion dollars.
Though pawnshop business is conservative, and usually uses old-fashioned business model (many of them have not been changing their operating model from XVIII century), new technologies are ready to significantly influence valuation process and relations among borrowers and creditors today.
Co-founder Plastic Media / SMXCom, 7Seconds Former CEO DIXIS, Euroset, Detski Mir.
Co-founder of LOT-ZOLOTO Gold Trading Company. Entrepreneur (IT projects).
Managing Partner at Altair Capital Management.
Senior partner at Whiteridge Advisors SA. More than 20 years on the management positions of international hedge funds.
Former Rosbank Vice-president. Former Norilskiy Nikel. Advisor to CEO. CBDO at LOT-ZOLOTO.